Friday, October 20, 2006

Premature panic

Well, after a meeting with our floor manager on Wednesday the 18th I found out I will not be given my walking papers from the company, but I will probably have to switch departments. The good news (I guess) is I will still have a job. There is a very slight chance our department will be reduced to a skeleton crew, and the senior advisors will remain, but I'm not holding my breath. I have received news my friend who has been in Mexico for the past 7 months teaching is coming home, and I sure look forward to seeing her. I also received news my other friend who has decided to join the Peace Corps and help teach English in the Ukraine for almost three years is doing fine, and was fortunate enough to settle in with a very nice sponsor family. I truly hope all works out well for her. I had a pleasant surprise today, my son dropped-by for dinner, and brought me some moose meat, and deer meat. I have never tried either before, but I am looking forward to cooking it. I searched the internet for recipes, and will try making a moose stew (wish me luck!)

2 Comments:

Blogger The Saint said...

Ahhh, I just had my comments deleted. Great news about the job. I'd like to read a post about how your Moose stew turned out. I eat deer meat about once a week right next to my house. Which son brought home the meat? Was he hunting?

11:28 PM  
Blogger ray said...

The stew was great, and I have deer meat to try next. Ryan brought it to me, and no he dosen't hunt he bought it from up near his trailer.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home