Saturday, June 30, 2007

A Nap a Day...


I've been working the grave yard shift now for 2 months, and I must admit it's the hardest thing I think I've done to my body and mind since getting really drunk at a high school dance. At first the thought of trying to sleep through the day while the sun was shining was a HUGE adjustment to my mind. I just love being out in the sun riding my bike down to the lake and taking in all the sights. I stressed over thoughts of becoming a night owl, and living like a hermit, or a field mouse scurrying around in the dark never to be seen. My internal clock made me feel like I was in the twilight zone most of the time struggling for clear thoughts. I tried forcing myself to go to bed as soon as I got home, so I could get up and enjoy the day, but that didn't work out I would toss and turn for hours. Now like most people I come home have something to eat, and drink(neighbours got to love a guy with a whisky in his hand at 7:30 am) watch a little TV, or sit out in the yard then hit the hay. This seems to be working out better; although, I only seem to take cat naps of about 4 hours at a time. Now it's dawned on me, that's the secret! just sleep when your tiered no matter what the hour of day it is. I might only sleep for 4 hours at a time, but it's a very deep sleep, and I do feel refreshed. I came home today at 7:10 am right after work did all my running around paying bills, washed the car, shopping, and that's the other great thing first thing in the morning there's never any lineups! I had a few drinks and a great bar b que and lights out. I think it was about 2:30 pm, and I awoke around 9:30pm. I still felt a little tiered, so I went back to bed at 10:30 pm and got up at 2:15 am. I'm doing laundry right now, again no lineup. I had something to eat, and have time to play on my pc, and it's only 5:35 am. I have to go out today later in the afternoon, so I'll take a nap sometime this morning, and feel refreshed through out the day. I don't hear any noise at this time of day, trucks, cars, people, so it's very peaceful, and I like it like that because my job is in a very noisy atmosphere; although, the work load is less than through the day time. I was considering giving up the night shift, but I think I may have found the secret to surviving...NAPS! Take one..you'll feel great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home