Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Stop and Smell the.....Wild Flowers!








My day didn't start off as I hoped it would because I'm on holidays right now, but I knew one day this week I'd have to go into work to fill out my shift bid sheet. Just having to go in when your suppose to be on holidays just doesn't sit right with me, but heh I don't make the rules. I figured I'd go in a see a couple of close friends fill out the bid sheet and be gone. Now that my department has been blended into one large department I was a little taken by the 218 lines on the shift bid sheet, and yes they want them all filled out. My seniority places me 44th over all, so technically I should only have to fill out 44, but nooooo. I filled it out, and hit the summit button, and received a message indicating I had used the same number twice..grr. I tried to find my mistake, but it was kind of like finding a needle in a hay stack. Attempt number two! I redid the whole thing and again hit the summit button, and this time it tells me the page has run out of time??? I ask around, and the system crashed. grrrr. I bring it to managements attention, and their like" can you come back in later?" I'm quick to explain I'm supposed to be on holidays are you kidding me? Just as I start to make my way to upper management I hear someone say the systems back up now. Attempt number three! back to the computer, and another 218 lines, and guess what? yep the old you use the same number twice appeared again, but this time I found it fairly quickly, and finally got my shift completed. What I thought was going to be a half hour quickly became closer to two. I couldn't get out of there fast enough...man I was burning, and I needed a relaxer. No not a drink, or stress pill something better. A drive in the country just to get as far away from that place as soon as possible. It's amazing just how fast it effected me once I got a half hour away. I started to see some farms, and noticed less traffic turned the radio off, and rolled down the windows and took a few deep breaths...now that's more like it! I just kept heading in a northeasterly direction twisting and turning any which way I really didn't care, and before I knew I was faced with a NO EXIT sign. Should I turn right or left? no! I thought go straight ahead and see just how far I could go before running out of road. This was just what the doctor ordered. I went down as many of these roads as I could find. You see you can have the whole road to yourself because no one else wants to use it, and this gave me the perfect opportunity to slow right down and enjoy the sights. I never really get a chance to take a close look at some of the amazing wild flowers that enhance our country roads. I'm not big on gardening myself, but I do enjoy flowers and plants. This also gave me a great chance to try out my new camera. It didn't matter where I was because there was no one else around, so I just stopped the car in the middle of the road and walk to side and snapped away. I'm not sure why it has this affect on me I'm just glad it does. It wasn't the best of weather, but that didn't even matter I was stress free, and loving it. Here are a few shots I found only 1 to 2 hours away, but felt like I was in a totally different world. I ended the day with the perfect vacation food: pizza, and a cold beer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home